Our Commitment To Safeguarding
What we believeOur Commitment
Stick ‘n’ Step believes all children have a right to protection from abuse of any kind. Our staff and volunteers have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
We will seek to keep children and young people safe by:
- valuing, listening to and respecting them
- appointing designated safeguarding leads and a lead trustee for safeguarding
- using our safeguarding procedures to share concerns and relevant information with agencies who need to know, and involving children, young people, parents, families and carers appropriately
- sharing information about child protection and safeguarding best practice with children, their families, staff and volunteers via leaflets, posters, group work and one-to-one discussions
- using our procedures to manage any allegations against staff and volunteers appropriately
- ensuring that we provide a safe physical environment for our children, young people, staff and volunteers, by applying health and safety measures in accordance with the law and regulatory guidance.
Stick ‘n’ Step’s designated safeguarding leads are:
- Zsoka Magyarszeky, Head of Conductive Education
- Sarah Smithson, Operations Manager
- Nora Szentirmai, Lead Conductor – Runcorn
You can read our full Safeguarding Policy and procedure here.